By Gordon Rugg
This article shows how non-random sequences of words are likely to be produced as an unintended side-effect of the table and grille method for producing hoaxed text.
These mechanism can be expected to produce non-random correlations at the level of:
- Sequences of consecutive words
- Sequences of words within a line
- Sequences of words within a page
- Sequences of words within a multi-page section of the manuscript
- Sequences of words between different multi-page sections of the manuscript
These effects would not need to be planned by the hypothetical hoaxer(s). They would arise as a side-effect of the table and grille mechanism, and would probably not have been noticed when the manuscript was produced.